Thursday, November 5, 2015

I got dumped.

Yes, I got dumped. By my "best friend" of 18 years. The person who told me on my wedding day that she was happy that our kids would grow up together. I guess they did, for 4 years.

I am not really sure when it started exactly, probably about a year ago. I remember last summer she gave me a hard time because my husband wasn't working and that I "put up with too much"with my husband. I don't know how she can determine what I "put up" with, but she had it in her head and there was no changing her mind. To me, "putting up with" something means something is bothering me and I don't stand up for myself. But him not working didn't bother me because I didn't feel like he should have been working. I landed a job that paid me enough to support my family and let my husband stay home. I wanted my husband to stay home, he has a back injury and daily pain and this was something she couldn't understand. She had the same back surgery and she recovered. My husband injured his back and did not recover. She'd compare his pain to the pain of people she knew and still worked. It was like she did not approve of my husband not working even though I did.

The last time I saw her was about February. I remember we debated on a few things, one being my husband and the other was the fact that I did not send my son to pre-school (see post here). I don't know why she has/had a hard time with the fact that I was making decisions she didn't agree with and I certainly don't know why this would end our friendship. She never told me our friendship was over and neither did I, but I can take a hint. I spoke with her a few times over the phone, a few times over email and a few texts. In every one of those, she mentioned to me how busy she was. I didn't take it as a brush off until July. I sent her son a birthday card and gift because I never got an invite to any kind of party (which I have always been invited to all of her kids birthday parties). I received a Thank You card in the mail from her thanking me for the card and gift. There was no mention of any kind of party and at the end of the card it stated, "We've been so busy!". Ok, you are busy. So busy that you haven't been able to call me in the past 3 months? That's fine. I'll wait until you are not as busy. I am still waiting, now it's been 6 months. I gave up, I can take a hint. I've been dumped.

It's ok. My Mom reminded me that she was never that great of a friend anyway.

13 comments:

  1. This is a great blog. I am pretty much impressed with your good work. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up.
    Benefit of E-waste management

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see your post as it is just what I’ve looking for. Please keep it up.
    E-waste recycling in Kolkata
    Extended Producer Resposibility

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have perused your Post; it is exceptionally useful for me. What’s more, I need to express profound gratitude to you.
    E-waste recycling in Vishakhapatnam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for writing such a great post. Keep it up. BRP INFOTECH is a reputed company which is dealing in E-Waste Recycling in Delhi-India and it has been serving the nation by reducing the excess amount of e-waste material that is harming our atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice blog on this website. It is really difficult to get this kind of with useful information. I will eagerly look forward to your upcoming updates. Thanks for sharing it here. BRP INFOTECH is one of the best E-waste company in Hyderabad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank yo very much for the detailed information.This is useful for me.I waiting for your next post.E-waste recycling solution in India.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post. I am pretty much impressed with your good work. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. E-waste recycling plant

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve been looking for info on this topic for a while. I’m happy this one is so great. Keep up the excellent work.
    E-waste management in India

    ReplyDelete