Thursday, March 18, 2010

Almost time






Well, it's almost time for me to have this kid. I was at the doctor yesterday and my due date was officially moved up to March 30th (from April 5th). I am dilated to 1cm and effaced 75%. The process has started but that's not indication of when I will go into labor. If I don't go into labor on my own before March 30th, they will schedule to induce labor. For the first time I am scared and anxious. It's happening... and soon. I think we are ready. At least we are ready at home, mentally, eek, is anyone ever really ready for this? Tonight we NEED to watch the birthing DVD, I think we have both been avoiding it. Maybe go out to dinner one night this weekend if we can.

Update on Paul's Back: Unfortunately, there have been no changes. It's been 2 months and he has not made any progress towards recovery. The positive in this, he'll be off work and get paid for when I have the baby. If he was released back to work he wouldn't get paid for that time off. The doctor put him on a new nerve medication, Lyrica. He was on Neurontin, both are for nerve pain. He didn't like the neurontin, it made him forgetful and he just couldn't think straight. Hopefully the Lyrica doesn't do that to him, he needs to be able to think straight when I go into labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment