Monday, May 20, 2013

Catch Up

I have not been good about blogging. You'd think with all I have going on I would feel the need more, but for some reason I don't. I have been busy. Things have been hard. Once again, I've put on the happy face while I cry inside. I'm sure that's not good for me, but I can't exactly walk around crying and feeling sorry for myself.

We don't seem to have a lot of support lately. Close friends and family are no longer helping and my parents have been in Florida. When times are tough and you need help, sometimes people's true colors shine through. Things are hard enough as it is, I don't need the extra negetivity. I've made some decisions to eliminate these people from my life.

Mother's Day came and went, which meant extra work for me. I need the money, but it creates extra havoc at home. You see, Paul saw the pain management doctor recently and he's decided it's time to come off the medications. We were under the impression that you should wean off neuro meds, but apparently this doctor doesn't think so, he was cut off cold turkey. Paul's been having ups and downs and certainly withdrawls. He doesn't feel well in the head and his body is detoxing. People get this, but I don't think you can understand it until you are there, experiencing it first hand. People also forget how this effects the people around the person experiencing it too.
Jesse made this for me at daycare. LOVE!

On top of this Paul was given clearance to return to work (with limitations/light duty). It's a good thing. I am not sure Paul is there (physically), but it is what it is and we have to move forward. We are waiting to hear from his employer to find out if they have a light duty position for him. If they don't, he should continue to get work comp pay and we will start the settlement process. If they do, well, I am ot really sure what will happen. Last time he was sent back to work, his back and the pain got worse.

Last week we got some very sad news. Todd died. It's not easy explaining who Todd was, but he certainly meant a lot to Paul. Todd was Paul's older brother (from another mother), his mentor, his boss, his friend. When Paul was a teenager, still in high school and misbehaving, his father wanted him to know work ethic and what it meant to work hard and have structure, so he put his son in a truck with Todd. I am not sure Paul's Dad knew what he was doing sending a 14 year old boy across the country with a 24 year old man, but it did teach Paul about life. Todd taught Paul about life. Todd was the one Paul wanted to make proud. Todd's death devistates Paul, which I am not surprised, we always seem to get kicked when we are down. But maybe in all this we will learn yet another lesson, to take better care of our bodies, because you never know when your body will fail us, like Todd's did.

Todd and Justin (Father and Son)

My son is my inspiration through everything. If it weren't for him, I think we would have both given up a long time ago. We continue to do fun things with him, even if we don't feel like it or if Paul is in pain. You have to keep living, especially when a child is involved. In the past few weeks we made a trip to the zoo, saw the local air show, made some trips to the park and did some playing in our yard.


The zoo has had these things since I was a kid. They won't last forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment