Monday, June 24, 2013

Want to Walk a Mile in My Shoes? I'll Throw in a Broken Toe for Free

It's been a rough month. Todd passed away, so Paul had some big shoes to fill by going to a fishing tournament in his place. I support this trip 100%. It's good for Paul to get away from the daily stresses of our life here. Speaking of.... last Wednesday, I lost one of my jobs. This was the job I got to make ends meet when my full time job went part time. The restaurant I have been working for decided to close down. This was a pretty big pill to swallow. I can't even imagine what the other girls are going through. I was the new girl, even though I was there for a year and a half. A few of them have even been there since it first opened. Not only was this their job, but it was a family and a home to them.

I am keeping my chin up, despite how hard it is. Maybe this is the opportunity for something better to come along. I have not yet decided what path to take, but I am trying to find another job, whether it be an office job or another server job. This whole thing has not been easy without Paul around, but I think it's best that he's gone. Jesse is gone too. Saturday I drove to Wisconsin and came home Sunday by myself. Jesse is better off with them, he doesn't need to be around me like this. I will pick him up tomorrow.

It was incredibly strange being in my house yesterday all alone. The two biggest loves in my life were not there. I think if I weren't in this situation, I would have loved this, but I am sad, and being alone is not always good when it's accompanied by sadness.

To top it all off, last Wednesday, I also broke my toe. Well, I think that's what I did. I slammed it on the sliding glass door. I assume it's broken, but I suppose I don't know for sure. There's not much that can be done for a broken toe, so what's the point in finding out if it's actually broken or not. I just hope there's not any more damage than just being a broken pinkie toe. It has all sorts of colors. It will look pretty sweet when I have the Color Vibe 5k in 2 weeks. I know I won't be able to run, but I am still going to do the 5k, even if I have to crawl.

That would be my broken toe/foot

Before the shit hit the fan, we were able to get the boat out on Father's Day. I was supposed to work, but they called me off. We took that opportunity to do something a boy and his father would both enjoy on Father's Day. It was Jesse's first time on our boat, he was on cloud nine!




Father's Day gift Jesse made at daycare.

 This kid has also become quite the little acrobat. I don't even know what to say to this.

Just watching tv.
I like to think everything happens for a reason, even though I am not quite sure what the reason is, I'm sure another door will open because of this and I can only hope it's for the better.

I had a friend say to me today, "You know what I love about you? You're a go getter. You have been through a lot since I've met you and you don't just sit in a corner and cry, you just keep moving! I <3 you.="">I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment