Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Uncle Scott Update

My sister and I met for dinner last Thursday. We opted for sushi since we didn't have the kids or husbands. It was nice to have dinner with just my sister, it doesn't happen often.

After dinner we went to my Uncle Scott's house. People were there, family and friends. Everyone knew the end was near. My sister and I went into his bedroom alone. He was sleeping, likely from the Morphine. We gently woke him up and told him we were there, he mumbled, "Oh, I get a little piece of Kelly and Megan", he mumbled a few more things we couldn't understand, then fell back to sleep.

After my sister left I went back in. I held his hand and said, "I love you" and he replied, "I love you too", then again fell back to sleep. That was the last time I saw him and will ever see him again. Sunday morning, around 8am, my uncle passed away.

His soul will shine forever in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment