Friday, December 10, 2010

Gifts

I am in a Yahoo Group for Mom's in my area. Every Friday someone posts a question for the group. Todays question was "What is the most memorable Christmas gift you received as a child and why?"

I have been thinking about this question on and off all day and you know, I can't come up with anything! Not a single gift! Then I got to thinking, maybe this is a good thing. This question helped me realize that the holidays growing up were not as much about gifts but about the time we spent with family. My parents always hosted Christmas Day with all my aunts, uncles and cousins and it was a day filled with laughter, yummy food, Christmas stories (told by my Uncle John), songs on the piano and Santa even showed up (he was the neighbor accross the street). Those memories are my gift! Yes, this is sappy, but I really don't care. Like I have said before, being a mother changes your perspective on things, on life. Your priorities change and this is one pure example of that.

And here we are, 15 days until Christmas and I have bought a total of 2 gifts thus far (and one was purchased online about 10 minutes ago). And I can't seem to come up with a single gift for my husband to buy me!

No comments:

Post a Comment