Friday, July 29, 2011

2 Birthdays and an Anniversary

That time of year again. I'm a year older, so is Paul and we've been married for 6 years now. I honestly can't even believe it's been six years. Six years of marriage PLUS 6 years dating, 12 years total. Wow. 12 years?!? I can't believe I have been able to put up with him for this long! I kid, of course. Every year that goes by just confirms more and more that we were meant to be together. Think about it, if we weren't meant to be together, I probably wouldn't like him much after 12 years. But I love him. I can no longer say I love him with all my heart because Jesse stole most of my heart. But I do love Paul a whole bunch. How's that?

This past weekend we got the hell out of town. Much needed. We headed south then had to come back for the gig. Yes, Paul played a gig, just 3 songs, but it's the start of something new and awesome. He joined a band, with some friends of the past. They are good guys and I am excited about this too! Paul played only a few song because it was the old bassists last gig, so of course he got the spotlight, which he deserved. We had a blast! Then headed down to resume our vacation. It was a late night! We got up the next day and headed to the river for a day of boating. I made it on my boat, for the first time this year! Jesse is much too little to boat on the river. There's not really much sun relief and no where to really stop, so I usually stay home with him while Paul goes with his buddies. Speaking of, my parents took Jesse for the weekend. First time. Paul's watched Jesse overnight here and there, but I have never been away from my little boy this long. It was weird. Dad picked him up on Friday morning and dropped him off Monday morning, but I didn't even get to see him until Monday night (since I was at work). I will say, it was nice to be "off duty" for a few days.

We spent both Saturday and Sunday on the boat on the river. It was nice, even though Saturday was damn hot! We went out to dinner Saturday night, even though it was Paul's birthday on Saturday, we pretty much celebrated both our birthdays and anniversary that night. We went to a local place, I am guessing it's the place to go when you are going out to dinner in this town because there's not much else around. It was an old farm that was converted to the restaurant. Cool place. Good food. I did have to laugh at the changing station in the ladies room, it's got to be at least 30 years old. I even took a picture with my camera.

Back to a regular weekend. I don't mind, I get to spend it with my little boy.

For some reason I can't upload the pics today. I will try again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment