Thursday, August 18, 2011

Exciting Stuff

I have a lot on my plate, which is nothing new really, but something new I am very excited about. A couple months back I posted about becoming a Pathfinder for AmeriFace. In the past few weeks I have been able to be a Pathfinder. I have found a few Moms that really needed a person like me. Someone to talk to, someone to ask questions to and someone that reminds them they are not alone! I am taking this to the next level too. The AmeriFace Director and me are planning a picnic! I am so excited about this. We will be getting families together from the Chicagoland area. Talk about helping people feel like they are not alone, this is the epitome of that. Sure a handful of us talk online, but we've never met. No one in this area has ever gotten families together. I am excited to be the founder of the First Annual cleftAdvocate/AmeriFace Illinois Family Fest!

Busy and fun weekend ahead. My towns festival is happening. The town does a good job with festivals, so we are excited to go. We went last year and Jesse enjoyed himself, and he was only 5 months old then. Saturday is our friend Dave's birthday and we decided to take him to the dirt track for the team demolition derby. Always a good time. Jesse is going to his Grandparents house. I thought about taking him to the derby, but I just don't think he'll like it, maybe next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment