Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kick me when I am down

So to add to everything else we have going on, Monday I got some terrible news.
I went to my softball game as any other normal Monday night. It was almost game time and Chris wasn't there yet. Which was strange but sometimes he's runs late for the early games. I keep saying, Chris will be here. I think Brian heard me and goes, "you didn't hear?", "No, hear what?".... Brian goes, "The baby died this morning. She wasn't breathing, they tried CPR in the car on their way to the hospital. Chris texted me at 6:45 that she died." WHAT?!? We cancelled the game.

Katy and Chris had their baby about 2 months after me, Taylor Nicole. She was about 3 weeks old and in good health (to the best of my knowledge). Katy and I really really got to know each other during our pregnancies. I even went to a prenatal swim class with her and we had a great time. I have been playing softball with Chris for about 8 years. Chris and I have also gotten closer in the past few years. They too live in Bolingbrook so we talked about play dates and how our kids would be in school together. I was looking forward to spending more time with them. This really breaks my heart. I am so sad for them, this is the worst thing that could have ever happened. Katy also had a miscarriage in her first pregnancy. I pray that they can get past this eventually and be able to be parents again in the future.

The wake is tonight. I have been crying on and off since I heard the news.

"Taylor Nicole Thomas of Bolingbrook passed away Monday July 12, 2010. Taylor was the beloved daughter of Christopher and Kathryn Thomas of Bolingbrook. Visitation will be on Thursday, July 15, 2010 from 3:00 – 8:00 PM. Funeral service will be at the funeral home on Friday, July 16, 2010 at 10:00 AM. Interment to follow"

No comments:

Post a Comment