Friday, July 23, 2010

Paul's Surgery Post Poned

So we have not heard back from work comp after the IME (2nd opinion). His WC case worker is out of the office until July 27th, 2 days before surgery was scheduled. Unless we know that WC is paying, we will proceed when timing is right for us and make sure Blue Cross Blue Shield will cover it. So we wait to hear from work comp. We are at the point where the brace won't be done in time for the surgery and we weren't going to order it unless we knew WC would pay for it. Plus the pre-op testing is only good for 2 weeks so if WC delays surgery, we'd want to make sure he doesn't have to do everything twice. So we wait. Which is fine by me, the later the better for daycare purposes only, plus it's summer, who wants to be laid up in the summer? Paul is in a lot of pain, but he's been in pain over a year, what's another couple weeks?
I hope the IME concurs with surgery, then they will approve it for sure. If not, well then we will probably have a battle on our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment