Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

We went to Paul's doctor appointment on Friday. I went in there fully expecting to be told Paul needs another surgery. The good news is that he does not need more surgery at this point. The doctor said the scar tissue and bone spur are not creating Paul's nerve pain. Basically the nerve is still jacked from the delay of surgery. The doctor increased his nerve medication and ordered another steroid injection. Just what Paul wants, more needles in the spine.

It's been a little over 6 months since Paul's surgery. His recovery should be further along than it is, but on the other hand this is common when a needed surgery gets delayed so long because workers comp puts up a fight. They actually thought he didn't need the surgery, when in fact he did and it got worse because we had to prove he needed it. Thanks. I just pray this is not perminant. Paul kind of asked that too and the doctor said he generally doesn't "throw in the towel" until it's more than a year post-op without improvement.

We had a great Easter, although it ended up being a crazy busy weekend, but I got to spend 3 days with Paul and Jesse. I love that my company closes for Good Friday. I've had good things happen on past Good Fridays, but nothing significant happened this year. Last year on Good Friday Jesse and I were released from the hospital. Back in 2005, Paul and I got engaged on Good Friday. I have some pictures, but I have not gotten the chance to download them from my cameras yet.

We finally got daycare worked out. Cheryl resigned from the job and I found Kristy to do 3 days a week. She's a little further but I think it's a great environment for him to be in. Being at Cheryl's was perfect when he was little, but now he needs socialization, which is what he gets at Kristy's house because she has a 2 1/2 year old little girl. Plus, I feel so comfortable with him there. We are on week 3, so it's looking like this will work out for a while.

Unfortunately today I got the call from Paul's Aunt saying she can no longer do the other 2 days a week. It was going to happen at some point, but I was hoping this arrangement would last longer. Her son-in-law got a job so she needs to go take care of her Grandchildren full time. So now I need to figure out an arrangement for Mondays and Thursdays. Just when things start going smooth, another wrench gets thrown in the spokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment