Monday, January 31, 2011

Randomness

I had a fantastic weekend, I didn't even do all that much. But the simplicity is what was so good. Friday I had a friend over. I told her we weren't doing much but she was looking forward to a "chill" night. We laughed, a lot. It was good. I needed it.

Saturday we got up just like any other Saturday, got a few things done. Sent Jesse for his mid-day nap and I was able to get some things done, like a run to the bank to deposit paychecks. I get back and able to rest for a bit then Jesse awakens. Play date! I guess this would technically be our first play date. We pack up and go to Shari's.

Shari has been one of my "best friends" for about 14 years now. We've had our ups and downs, but really in the last 7 or 8 years she's been a sister to me. We may not be bound by blood but she truely is my sister. My definition of sister is what goes beyond just being a "best friend", which is a term I am not very fond of anyway. We are alike but different. We have something to talk about no matter what.

Years ago I wasn't sure this day would ever come, the day where our kids would be playing together and we'd be in the kitchen drinking bloody mary's and laughing. But the day has finally come and I am thankful for it. When I got married my Mom made these photo matts for people to write on. Those photos hang in my hallway and I read them all the time. Shari wrote "I can't wait to see our kids grow up together." Well, it's finally happening and I love it. Her son is 9 months older than Jesse... but now that he's mobile, they actually played well together. My only regret, forgetting the camera. But I have the pictures, they just can't be shared like the ones I take with my camera. I have been slacking a lot in the camera department, but I think it's because I am just soaking it in and keeping it to myself.

The rest of the weekend we watched mostly the X-Games. I love watching all the crazy tricks and jumps, but it made me miss our annual ski trip. It didn't happen last year or this year because of Paul's back. Maybe next year, even if it is only for a weekend in Wisconsin. I am glad I was able to hit the mountains of Utah once. Seems like it was just a few years ago but it was in 2002, 9 years ago!

Speaking of snow. The weathermen are predicting the worst snowstorm of the midwest since 1967. There's a blizzard watch for the entire Chicagoland area. In my area we are looking at 18-30 inches of snow, 50mph winds and 5-10 foot snow drifts. Eeek! Paul wants to be prepared and is running out today for rations. Well, just meat. We are running low but we won't starve to death or anything. We have Paul's truck fixed, so if I/we do need to go anywhere, at least we have a safe vehicle to do it in. My car is not a 4x4, need tired desperately and is RWD. Paul's is much safer for snow driving. I am not banking that my office will closed, but I wouldn't mind a snow day.... or two. Hee hee. We shall see. Sometimes they say things like this and we got 6 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment