Thursday, May 13, 2010

Baby is here!

After my last post I went to the doctor and she told me that I started labor and my body was ready to have this kid! So she scheduled me to be induced the next day. We went in bright and early on March 31st, they got me hooked up to an IV and started giving me petocin around 8am. Soon after the real contractions started. They were uncomfortable but not unbearable. I decided I was going to hold off on the epidural for as long as possible.The contractions got stronger and more frequent as the day went on but I wasn't dilating more. My doctor came in and broke my water, that's when the real contractions began to happen. My family visited. The pain of the contractions got worse. Around 2-3pm I asked for the epidural. It worked, for a while. When my contractions got really strong it no longer worked so they turned it up.
The baby was facing the wrong way, "sunny side up" so my doctor had me on my side hoping he'd turn. I dilated more and around 6pm I felt the need to push, so the pushing began. He was still facing the wrong way so I pushed for a long time, I couldn't get him out! It was even harder because I couldn't feel what I was pushing, due to the epi. They turned it down, but it didn't help much.
At 7:45pm he was born. I was so relieved it was over. Paul cut the cord. Someone asked what his name was and Paul blurted out, Jesse! So Jesse it was. I was instantly in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment