Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Big Day

The big day is almost here. Well, tomorrow, but I doubt I will be blogging tomorrow. Maybe in a few days. I am really scared and nervous. Not that I think anything is going to go wrong, just the whole idea of my 13 week old baby going under the knife is just very unsettling. I spent some time with him this morning, just laughing and smiling together. It was nice. I am in a pissy mood. I hope people around me understand why. But most people don't know what it's like to go through this. So as much as they want to be understanding, you don't know unless you've been there. What I need to get off my chest right now is that I get so annoyed by people telling me it will be ok and he will be fine when I say I am nervous and scared. Well, it's not that I don't think he will be fine, and it doesn't make me feel any better when you tell me that, and really, how do you even know? No one knows. Don't get me wrong, I am trying to stay positive and I have faith that all will go well. We had Deborah's Dad over last night, he's a Pastor. He talked to us a bit then said a prayer for Jesse, his doctor and for us. Even though I am not a very religious person, I felt this was a good idea. If there is a God up there, I'd rather he be on our side.

His surgery is scheduled for 7:45am. We will get a call this evening from the hospital tonight to tell us what time to be there. I have a feeling tonight will be rough. He has to stop eating 6 hours before surgery, so I think I will wake him up around 1am to feed him then put him back down until we have to leave. I imagine we will have to be at the hospital between 6:15am and 6:45am. I will probably need to get up around 5:15-5:30. But that's ok, that's usually about the time Jesse gets up anyway. But I hope he will sleep until 6, the less time he's upset about being hungry the better. The procedure will be about 2-3 hours. He will be in recovery coming out of the anesthesia for 30-45 minutes then he will move to a recovery room for several hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment